Memorandum of Understanding –
Destination TEFL teacher placement
Destination TEFL is a TEFL/TESOL training centre in Siem Reap, offering a 4- week 140-hour intensive TEFL/TESOL course including both practical training and classroom sessions to equip our trainees with the knowledge and skills required to teach English to non-native speakers and become passionate teachers. Destination TEFL runs 12 courses throughout the year with an average of 10 to 15 students per course. As part of our course, we assist our trainees in finding job placements within Asia, so that they can begin working as soon as they have completed the course. We also have another training centre based in Koh Samui, Thailand, which has been in operation since 2011, and which can also provide teachers.
Destination TEFL offers teachers for interview to schools in order to place our graduate teachers after each course.
The school (Name: _____________ ) agrees to inform Destination TEFL when they have open positions at their school, in order for the teachers to be able to send their CVs in the hope of interviewing for the positions.
There is NO COST to the school for this placement, we do not ask a commission, this is part of the service that Destination TEFL offers its graduates when they sign up for the program. There is no obligation to hire the teachers which Destination TEFL sends to the school for consideration and each teacher will be considered on merit.
Destination TEFL agrees to:
1. Present CVs of available teachers when the school provides information on available teachers. 2. Train teachers of a high standard, and to include cultural awareness in the training.
3. Ensure that all teachers obtain a Criminal Background Check
4. Ensure that the teachers inform the school should they no longer be able to make a scheduled interview
The school (Name: ____________) agrees to:
1. Inform Destination TEFL when positions become available at the school(s)
2. Inform the teacher should they not be successful in the interview
3. Offer a market-related salary and benefits for the positions
4. Provide teachers with a contract on employment (a probation period is acceptable) and assist with paperwork for the correct visa and work permit.